Monday, September 5, 2011

Finding Passion

Once upon a time, I wanted to be a writer.

Once upon a time, I wanted to be a chef and restauranteur.

Once upon a time, I wanted to be a doctor, a dancer, a stock broker, a CFO, an entrepreneur, a boss, a healthy, fit, slender woman.

Seriously, I wanted to be all of those things.  I was even very passionate about some of them.  And some of them have even been realized.  Others fell by the wayside of childhood dreams.  (Specifically, the doctor and the stock broker.  What can I say?  I was a… mature kid.) 

Recently, I’ve decided I want more.  But every time I figure out what I think “more” means, I lose interest.  Why?  Probably because whatever the more du jour is, it isn’t something about which I’m passionate.  So the question is: What are my passions?  What do I really, really, really enjoy doing?  And so this blog was born.  To discover new passions, and rediscover old ones, and maybe, just maybe help someone else figure out her own passion.   




No comments:

Post a Comment