Monday, October 10, 2011

The Domesticity Continues


Remember how I had all that chicken?  All shredded and waiting to be turned into deliciousness? 






Well, I shredded it all up.  Came out to about a pound of shredded chicken.  And then I remembered I had to stop by my mom's.  So I put the cooking on hold.
I was afraid this guy would get to it. 

He much prefers to pick at my scraps than eat his own food.  He'll eat anything.  And has no qualms about jumping on my counters. I figured a little plastic wrap would help the situation.



But, just in case he decided to rip through the wrap, I decided to hide the plate behind the pots.












Don't worry.  That's chicken broth in the corner, not urine.



 In retrospect, there was still a chance he'd hop up on the stove, drink my broth, and eat my chicken.  Fortunately, when I returned home my food was still safe.

So I got to cooking for the boyfriend.  I had just enough wonton wrappers to make 8 Alfredo Chicken Cupcakes AND 8 Chicken Parm Cupcakes.  They tasted... pretty good.  Good enough for us to eat and make yummy noises.  And for me to eat the leftovers the next day.  However, the leftovers weren't super delicious reheated, and the recipe was lacking... something.  Not sure what.  For now you can look at the pictures and drool.  When I perfect the recipe, I'll share so you can try them out.
This thing is the BEST for grinding, grating, mixing, anything!
Yum!




P.S.  All my cupcake endeavors are 100% inspired by Emily Bites.















No comments:

Post a Comment